Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'm Surrounded!

I noticed something really neat this morning during my devotions. I was reading Psalm 32 and noticed a word that was used in two verses. Verse 7 says "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." and verse 10 says "Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him."

I immediately began to think about what it means to be surrounded. If something is surrounded, it means it is enclosed on all sides. It is hard to escape if you are surrounded. It is also hard for someone else to get to you if you are surrounded.

I realized that when we are in the center of God's will, we are surrounded by God. That is truly an awesome place to be because it makes it harder for Satan to attack us! Most people think that it is a bad thing when they hear someone yell "I'm surrounded!!" My prayer is that we ALL are able to say "I'm surrounded....by God!!"

1 comment:

Kid Johnny C said...

I've seen some neat demonstations of this. Take a container, write me on it. Then, put into another container, and that's Jesus and then put THAT in another container and that's God. Satan wants to get to me? Haha he's got God and Jesus to get through! Great post!