Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Where Does My Help Come From?

Psalm 121: 1-2 says "I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." When I first read that this morning, I pictured myself standing in a valley with mountains surrounding me. Those mountains are obstacles to me. How can I possibly get out of this valley? How can I possibly make it over those mountains? HELP!!!! Then I realized that my God created those mountains! He knows every foothold, nook, cranny, ledge, etc. that will help me to successfully make it over those mountains! He can show me exactly what I need to do to make it safely over the obstacle that was before me. All I need to do is ask Him for His help!

Psalm 121: 7-8 says "The Lord will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." WOW! What an awesome promise!!! It doesn't matter what obstacle I may have to face today or in the future. My God is going to be right there beside me EVERY time!

I don't know what you are going through. I don't know what obstacles you are going to have to face today or in the near or even distant future. I do know that God is going to be with you, so I know that you can make it over (or through) any obstacles that come your way! All you need to do is ask Him for His help.

2 comments:

tammy said...

Thanks for the reminder!!

Kid Johnny C said...

Great Psalm to be reading right about now for myself. I've said to this to many, and Tammy, you know my situation, if it wasn't for the Word and amazing people praying for my family, I don't know what I'd do. Where does my help come from? My Help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth!

I think I need to go listen to a bit of Casting Crowns.....