Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Be Noticed

     I can't believe it's been a year since I've written on my blog! I can update you that I've continued to exercise 6 days a week. Through the summer, I run and walk at least 6 miles a day. The kids do the distance with me Monday - Friday and I do it alone on Saturdays. I enjoy my new lifestyle. It feels great to be healthier! I had lost 105 lbs, but did put on 10 lbs. I think most of that is related to becoming more consistent with strength training twice a week, although that went by the wayside over the summer since I absolutely love going outside to run (which I can't do during the fall and winter since it gets too cold). I still try to do some strength training once a week, but it usually is about 15 min. instead of 45-60 min. I think a lot of that 10 lbs is lean muscle and not fat, but I also know that my body seemed to hold steady around 150 lbs for a long time last year before I finally was able to start losing and got down to 140 lbs. So, my body may just be comfortable at 150 lbs and it may not be possible for me to maintain my weight at 140 lbs or less. I'm actually ok with that and am quite content where I'm at! Now that I updated you on that, I'll get to the real reason why I decided it was time for me to write on my blog again.
     I was reading my Bible during devotions today and read Mark 7:24 which says "Jesus got up and went away from there to the region of Tyre. And when He had entered a house, He wanted no one to know of it; yet He could not escape notice." As soon as I read that, I heard within me "You should be the same way." I'm more of a quiet person and don't like to be the center of attention. Why would I want to be noticed wherever I went? Then I thought of that fact that since I'm a Christian, Jesus lives within me. He is the one who should still be noticed! That means wherever I go and whatever I do, people should see Him within me. The hard question then to ask is "Do people see Jesus within me?" I know that even though I'm human and fail at times to act in a way that is pleasing to Him, my desire is that I will not escape notice wherever I go because others will see Jesus within me. To all Christians out there, let's make sure Jesus continues to "not escape notice" because He is always being seen in us!