Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just a Little Reminder

I just love when God gives me a verse just as a reminder to let me know He is there! As I begin typing this, it is 1o:30 pm and I realized about 15 min. ago that I hadn't done my devotions today. I got a late start this morning because it was rainy and cold and I just didn't feel like getting out of bed. So I decided even though I'm tired, I'd read the devotional book that I haven't read the past few days because I was simply reading a chapter in Proverbs each day and then journaling. Well, I guess this can be considered my journal for today! A verse that I have heard many times before just seemed to be in bold print when I read it this evening. It's a verse I'm sure most of you know quite well too, but I just have to share it with you!

Romans 8:28 says "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." I just felt God reassuring me that He knows EXACTLY what we are going through and why, and He is right there with us. Things WILL get better and hopefully we all will see that we are stronger because of what we went through. God LOVES us and wants what is best for us. How amazing is that?! He knows exactly what is best for us. It doesn't mean we'll enjoy going through difficult times, but isn't it awesome to know we can just rest in the arms of our Lord and know that He is taking care of us?!

No comments: