Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 10 of 21 Day Challenge

John 10:3b says "He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out." When I read this, I automatically thought of the fact that Jesus calls Himself the good shepherd (which He does in verse 11). What a cool thought: Jesus knows my name! It's so comforting to know that when I'm in a difficult situation, I can go to Him and He will lead me to safety. Then I thought of how it doesn't do any good if He knows my name if I don't know His voice. Satan is always there trying to lead us astray.  How can I be led to safety if I don't know the right voice to listen to? I need to know God's voice so I can stay on the right path! Do you know what God's voice sounds like?

Proverbs 19:13b says "a quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping." Proverbs 14b says "a prudent wife is from the Lord." Wow. I certainly don't want to be thought of like a constant dripping. Anyone who has had to listen to a faucet that won't stop dripping knows how annoying it is, especially if you are trying to go to sleep. It's almost enough to drive a person insane. Do I want my husband to think of me as so annoying that it is almost driving him insane to listen to me? OUCH! No, I love my husband and want him to feel that his wife is a gift from God, a wonderful blessing that is all his. Will he feel that way if I am disrespecting him by the things I say or do? No. I realized that I have not been doing a good job of keeping the house clean. I get busy doing school with the kids and then just want to relax when I'm done with that. Last week, he mentioned how dirty the floor was. I knew the carpet needed to be vacuumed, but I had kept putting it off. He said to make our daughter do it the next day, but I chose to do it myself. When he came home, I told him I had vacuumed for him. He looked at the floor and then gave me a kiss. It made me realize that there are things I should be doing, like making sure the house is clean before my husband comes home, simply because it makes my husband happy. It shows him how much I love and respect him, and it will help him to think of me as a blessing instead of an annoyance. Which would you rather be thought of?

No comments: