Friday, January 4, 2013

A Slave or An Heir? It's Your Choice!

Galatians 4:7 says "You are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir." Before Jesus came to earth to die for our sins, everyone was a slave to sin and to the law. After He died, He set us free from being a slave. We could now be called His son and therefore, we are heirs to all that God has. Why would anyone choose to still live as a slave? I for one am very thankful I don't need to follow all the religious laws they had to obey back in the time before Jesus came. I'm glad I don't need to sacrifice a lamb or do many of the other things they had to do! Jesus set me free from having to do that! It's a shame people who are living in sin don't realize that they are choosing to be slaves! We don't have to participate in those things. We are free from that. We can choose to follow Christ and be free! Yes, there are still rules we need to follow, but it is easy to follow those rules if you truly love Him. I'm excited to think of being an heir and one day seeing Jesus, walking streets of gold, living in a mansion, and singing praises to God in a place that knows no sadness, pain, or darkness. Is being a slave to sin and living the way you want here on earth really worth living eternally in Hell, in pain, misery, and darkness? I don't think so! Do you?

Psalm 146: 5-6 says "Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God, the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them - the Lord, who remains faithful forever." I find it absolutely amazing to think that God, the One who made heaven, the earth, the sea, and everything in those places, loves ME. He wants to help ME. He listens to ME. WOW! He will NEVER ignore me when I call upon Him. He will NEVER let me down. He will ALWAYS be there when I call upon Him and I can ALWAYS trust what He says is true because He is FOREVER faithful. Yes, I am truly blessed! I hope you are too!

No comments: