Thursday, January 10, 2013

Is That Possible?

Ephesians 4:2 says "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." Chapter 4 of Ephesians is full of amazing verses. I think I need to come back to it, read one verse a day and journal about it. Many of the verses hit me right where I'm at because they talk about watching what you say and how you say it. Being patient and not getting angry are also covered. Verse 2 stood out the most to me today, probably because it was one of the first ones I read. The first thing I noticed was that it said to be COMPLETELY humble and gentle. My first thought was "That's impossible!". Then I thought of how much I need God's help to make me more humble, gentle, and patient. When I am frustrated or stressed, it can be far too easy to lose my temper and not "bear with one another in love". This whole verse makes me want to say OUCH! It definitely helped me to see my need to do better in this area. Thankfully, I know God will help me become a better person because I want to be more like Him and I am asking for His help. He will help you change too if you ask Him for help and you are willing to try and change.

Ephesians 1:18-19a says "I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, and His incomparably great power for us who believe." Wow. When we keep the eyes of our heart open, we will be able to see and focus on the hope that we have in Christ. We have an inheritance waiting for us. We have His incomparably great power at our disposal when we simply believe in Him. NOTHING is too difficult for Him! We need to keep these things in mind each and every day. We can not fail when we have God on our side. We are never alone. After reading this passage, go back to the first verse I talked about today. Is it possible to be completely humble and gentle? YES! We just need to tap into God's power to help us and keep our eyes focused on Him.

No comments: