Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Get a New Perspective

Ephesians 3:12 says "In Him and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence." How awesome is it that we don't need to go through a priest to talk to God. Jesus died on the cross so that we are free to now go directly to God in prayer. We can be confident that He hears and will listen to us. We can also be confident that when we can't even utter the words, Jesus goes to His Father for us and intercedes on our behalf.

Luke 19:4 says "So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see Him, since Jesus was coming that way."  I've heard about and read the story of Zacchaeus many times in my life, but this verse really made me think when I read it this morning. Zacchaeus was a short man, but he wasn't about to let that stop him from seeing Jesus. He couldn't see Jesus from where he was, so he climbed a tree. Jesus knew that Zacchaeus was there and called Him down. Zacchaeus met Jesus and his life was changed! Do I allow other things to block me from seeing Jesus? Do I do everything I can to keep my eyes on Him? There are times in life when things get really hard and it is hard to see Jesus. It is during those times that we need to "run ahead and climb a tree". To me, that means I need to think ahead and try to get a new perspective. What could God be trying to teach me? How is He going to use this in my life? Instead of blindly sitting there, I can do something to help myself remember that God never gives me more than I can handle. He is always there with me, even when I may not be able to see or feel Him. When we look back, we are usually able to see how He was there all along. So why do we need to wait until we make it through to see Him? If we try to see things from a different perspective, we may be able to see that Jesus really is there. Don't let things around you block you from seeing Him.

No comments: