Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Renovation in Progress

Ephesians 2:22 says "And in Him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by  His Spirit." When I read that verse, I had to smile as I thought of how God's Spirit dwells in me; but that His home (my body) is currently under renovation. I say this because as I've already mentioned, I've decided that this is the year that I begin the long overdue process of losing weight. Even though I know He loves me no matter how I look, I can't help but feel that He is going to enjoy the renovations that are made to His home. I know that God is constantly working on me spiritually. So, I'm under renovation both spiritually and physically!

As I read the Bible passage for today's devotional in Our Daily Bread, I was a bit dismayed that one particular verse didn't really stand out to me. I thought that maybe what I had written about in my journal after reading Ephesians wasn't really what God wanted me to learn. Then I read the devotional, and saw these words: "Christians understand their sinfulness and their need for continual spiritual restoration." I smiled as I realized that God really had been speaking to me about my renovation (or restoration). I think the song "He's Still Working on Me" sums it all up perfectly.

Verse 1:

There really ought to be a sign upon my heart,
Don't judge me yet, there's an unfinished part.
But I'll be perfect just according to His plan
Fashioned by the Master's loving hand.



Chorus:

He's still working on me, to make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars,
the sun and the earth, and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be. He's still working on me.

Verse 2:

In the mirror of His Word reflections that I see
Makes me wonder why He never gave up on me.
He loves me as I am and helps me when I pray
Remember He's the Potter, I'm the clay.


No comments: