Friday, January 18, 2013

Have Faith in God and in Where He Puts You

Colossians 2:6-7 says "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." When you receive Jesus into your heart, you do so by faith. You have faith that He is real. You have faith that He has saved you from your sins and you will go to heaven when you die. We continue to have faith throughout our Christian walk. We have faith that what the Bible says is true. When we take the Bible as fact, we become more rooted in Christ and our faith continues to grow. I am thankful that I was raised in a Christian home. It made it easy for me to believe and have faith in God and the Bible. I saw how my family was different from other families who didn't believe. I can see how it might be harder for someone who wasn't raised in a Christian home to have faith in God and the Bible, especially if they were raised hearing that God and the Bible are made up, a fairy tale, or total fiction. As Christians, we have every reason to be overflowing with thankfulness that a simple thing like having faith can help us so much in life and has eternal rewards.

I have read I Corinthians 12:12-31 many times in my life. I have heard a few sermons preached on it too. Today, I was immediately attracted to I Corinthians 12:18 when I read it. It says, "But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as He wanted them to be." I knew that we are all given gifts and one person's gift is not more important than anyone else's gift. When I read this verse today, it was a neat reminder that God puts each and every one of us in the place where He wants us. I used my gifts and talents at a church for many years. I grew up in that church and attended there for most of my life. Ten years ago, my husband and I felt that it was time to find a different church. This verse made me realize anew that God knew the work He was doing in the church we now attend and He decided that my gifts and talents were needed in this church. I am so very thankful that God led us to the church we now attend! When you feel God calling you to a new job or a new church, don't be afraid. Be excited and have faith because God is putting you exactly in the place where He wants you to be.

No comments: