Monday, January 21, 2013

Seasoned with Salt

To those who may be following my blog daily, I apologize for not writing yesterday. I had to sing on worship team at church and had to leave at 8 am, so I didn't have time to write it before I left. I simply forgot when I got home that I hadn't written on my blog. So I will post two today, this is the one from yesterday.

Colossians 4:6 says "Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." I always feel that sinking feeling of guilt when I see verses with the word "always" in them. That is such a hard thing to live up to! This verse says our conversations should always be full of grace. Well, it wasn't hard for me to admit that I do not succeed at this! It certainly gave me a huge goal to strive toward! As I thought about this verse, I thought about the phrase "seasoned with salt" and what that had to do with my conversations. Salt adds flavor to your food. It is also used in preservation of food. People often talk about what we say is "food for thought". So, my words should leave a good taste in the mouths of those who hear what I am saying. If my words are going to have a lasting impact, then I want what I say to be full of grace! I don't want to say nasty things and have them being remembered for years. This verse really helped to put things into perspective and have given me a new desire to watch what I say and how I say it. I want everything that comes out of my mouth to be full of grace and seasoned with salt. Before you say something, remember that your words will be remembered. Make sure your words are full of grace and leave a good taste in the mouth of the person you are saying them to. Don't let words come out of your mouth that you will regret later.

No comments: